I know from personal experience how hard it is when pain and restrictions stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
In order to heal, I needed treatment approaches that worked deeply to unravel old patterns and re-establish healthier ones
Following my interest in anatomy and physiology, and listening to my intuitive side led me to a holistic focus. This included whole body healing, and working with the nervous system, as well as more traditional physical therapy. I found this focus in Osteopathy.
My five years of post graduate Osteopathic manual therapy training refined my understanding of the interrelatedness of the systems of the body, and transformed my sense of touch.
As a long time meditator, I know the mind-body connection is powerful. I help my patients deepen their awareness of their own bodies. We use touch, the breath and guided attention as tools to release restrictions in the muscles and fascia, and patterns held by the nervous system, and find balance.
In the past 30 years of practice, I have helped thousands of people become pain-free and return to a full, active life.
- 2004-2009 Osteopathic manual therapy post-graduate training at Canadian College of Osteopathy.
- 2004 Orthopedic Clinical Specialist Certification (OCS) from the American Physical Therapy Association.
- 1986 BS in Physical Therapy from Downstate Medical Center (HSCAB).
- 2013 Rehabilitating the High Level Runner - NYU Medical Center
- 2012 A Multidisciplinary Approach to Treating the Cyclist Across Age and Gender - NYU Medical Center
- 2011 Physical Therapy and Osteoporosis - Sara Meeks, PT
- 2006 Lumbar Courses 1 and 2, Cervical course - McKenzie Institute
- 2005 Vertebral Manipulation Courses S1, S2, S3 - Stanley Paris Institute
- 2003 Complex Regional Pain Syndromes and Mobilization of the Nervous System - David Butler
- Ongoing Tai Chi, Feldenkrais, Dance
- 1997-2012 Clinical Supervisor and Senior Therapist at Bradley and Monson PT
- 2012 to present Owner at Finn Physical Therapy
Work With Me
“Deirdre is a sensitive and brilliant clinician who uses her knowledge to transform your body into an integrated and centered state.”